For readers around the globe. :)

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Author Message: The Long Ride Home

Tawni Waters has a message for you!

If you're reading The Long Ride Home, you're probably as weird as I am, which makes me love you already. I'm glad a kindred spirit picked it up, as this book is a huge piece of my heart. It translates many of my life's most important experiences and loves to fiction. I was pregnant at the age of 18, but I've never written about the subject until now. I don't know what took me so long, except maybe when I was younger, there was shame involved in being a pregnant teen, so I sort of buried the experience in the recesses of my psyche. I had my daughter when I was 19, and she was one-half of the best things that ever happened to me. (The other was her brother, who came along later.) Th relationship between Harley and her mother is largely based on my relationship with my daughter, so one of the greatest loves of my life is hidden in the pages of this book. And last but not least, my beloved dad died when I was Harley's age. I've never written about the death of a parent, but I think I took my feelings about losing him at such a young age and buried them in poor Harley's tormented little psyche. So go easy on her for being such a psycho. Oh, and did I mention that much of my adult life has been a road trip? I love travel. I always say my heaven will be an unending road trip. I think it's so cool the way that when you take a road trip, you take a spiritual and mental journey as well. I tried to bury that truth in this book. So love or hate the book, you can at least know that your author knows that about which she writes. Write to me on Facebook and tell me what you think. I love to hear from my readers!!

So about the book....
After the loss of her mother, Harley can barely handle her grief. And she can't shake the guilt that it was her fault. No matter how she tries to dull the pain, the memories of all she lost keep resurfacing. Her only distraction is Dean, her best friend (with benefits), but even their relationship has become an emotional mindefield since the night they spent together on the beach...
Harley's one true escape? The open road. So she sets out on a cross-country trip to scatter her mother's ashes. This is her chance to finally make peace with her mom's death, and with Dean by her side, it may be just what they need to get over the awkwardness between them.
Except, Harley has a secret, one that has the potential to change her life- and Dean's- forever. And no matter the distance they travel, there is no avoiding the truth.

Sourcebooks Fire is also giving away 5 copies of The Long Way Home!

If you want to connect with Tawni Waters on social media:
Twitter: @TawniWaters
Instagram: @TawniWaters

No comments:

Post a Comment